Adobe/Macromedia projector applications don't display fullscreen anymore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe/Macromedia projector applications don't display fullscreen anymore

We use three applications based on Adobe/Macromedia Projector, which until today have displayed fullscreen. Today however they have stopped doing so, and display smaller in the top-left corner of the screen. This affects two applications from one vendor as well as one from another vendor.

This is affecting five of our six computers, which are all identical hardware running identical configurations of Windows XP Professional SP3 joined to a 2003 domain. No changes have been made to the computers (such as Windows updates) for the last few weeks.

The problem occurs every time we run the applications and regardless of which user account (with various group memberships) run them. I've not yet reinstalled the software but am about to try this on one computer *, however as it's affecting three applications from two different vendors I would imagine this points to a system-level issue.

I have yet to hear back from the application vendors.

Running the programs with various compatibility options enabled makes no difference.

There is no antivirus and only Windows Firewall running (a constant source of discussion between myself and the business owners ).

Does anybody have any suggestions? Let me know if more information is required.

* Update: A repair installation, or an uninstallation followed by reinstallation makes no difference.

Update 2: The computers have the Flash Player ActiveX installed. Removing this and reinstalling the apps makes no difference (which I expected to be the case).
    Last edited by gforceindustries; 26th July 2011, 11:27.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: Adobe/Macromedia projector applications don't display fullscreen anymore

Got a Restore Point you can roll back to?
    Are the screens widescreen or the 4:3 variety?
    Does CTRL + ENTER give you a fullscreen size? (I know DOS combo but clutching straws)
    Can you Roll Back the video driver (in case an update sneaked in - still clutching)
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
      Got a Restore Point you can roll back to?
      Nope.

Are the screens widescreen or the 4:3 variety?
      All 4:3.

Does CTRL + ENTER give you a fullscreen size? (I know DOS combo but clutching straws)
      No.

Can you Roll Back the video driver (in case an update sneaked in - still clutching)
      No difference.

I'll be going on site this evening to have a play around. Thanks for the suggestions
      Last edited by gforceindustries; 26th July 2011, 18:47.
      Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Got on site and saw two of the 6 computers with one of the apps running fullscreen. Ran it on the other four - all normal. Likewise for the other 2 apps.

I hate users.
        Gareth Howells

Comment

Someone "Should have gone to Specsavers"
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X