copying files from DMZ server to Domain server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copying files from DMZ server to Domain server

I need to copy some files from a DMZ server to a Domain server but commands like Copy and Xcopy don't support credentials.

Does anyone know of a script I could use as I don't want to install any applications.

Thanks

Re: copying files from DMZ server to Domain server

could try robocopy
    failing that, you could try just mapping a network drive.. then unmapping it when you're finished

or you could try
    runas /user:domain\bla cmd
    then run your copy from within the delegated shell..
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
      could try robocopy
      failing that, you could try just mapping a network drive.. then unmapping it when you're finished

or you could try
      runas /user:domain\bla cmd
      then run your copy from within the delegated shell..
      Cheers, went with the mapping/runas in the end.

Comment

for better security I would pull the files, not push them.
        i.e. map a drive on the DMZ server and pull files, rather than mapping a drive on the target server.

Comment

I'm quite interested in this - you say it's better security to pull rather than push.
          Can you elaborate on this at all ?
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

How is your DMZ setup???

Through your firewall???

I would grant access to the server through your firewall rules and communicate that way.

Else i'd be using a CD/DVD/USB to copy the files off the server then onto the new one.

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
              I'm quite interested in this - you say it's better security to pull rather than push.
              Can you elaborate on this at all ?
              On Windows server some files will only copy when pulled -- e.g. ini files, autorun etc.
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                On Windows server some files will only copy when pulled -- e.g. ini files, autorun etc.
                I'm a little confused now.

It seems the copy will get the files regardless (as long as you can access the files with the program you choose, copy vs robocopy etc.).

I would have recommended pulling rather than pushing as well, but more from the security standpoint of the DMZ is more likely to be broken into then your domain machine and if you place the credentials in the DMZ machine as text you open even more concerns.

Hobie

Comment

ok.. yes, see that makes sense to me now..

of course it's more secure to initiate the connection from outside the environment..

i wasn;t thinkin clearly when i posted that, was i..

Comment

Working...
                  X