Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet Explorer 8 problem while running index.hta training video file!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer 8 problem while running index.hta training video file!

Hello All,
    I am trying to run some CBT Nuggets video training stuff for the lats one week, but which doesn't seem to work due to some IE8 settings.
    When I run the 'index.hta' file from the CBT folder, the CBT nuggets media player opens up in IE8 with a warning
    ''To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this webpage from running scripts or ActiveX controls that could access your computer. Click here for options''
    And when I click 'allow the blocked content' from the notice bar, it pops up another warning 'Scripts are usually safe. Do you want to allow scripts to run?' , OK I keep on licking YES to this warning and reach to CBT videos index page.
    Now, when I click on the menu links it again asks with 'Scripts are usually safe. Do you want to allow scripts to run?' I click YES again till it ends up with another information bar:
    "An add-on for this website failed to run. Check the security settings in Internet options for potential conflicts.", here no further options to go ahead and I am stuck with black screen media page!!!!??
    I tried several tweaks which I found on search..nothing helped?
    Please advise, what are the needed apt modifications in IE8? Or is there any other tools to play this video?
    NB: My PC Win XP pro SP3, IE8.
    Insaf Muhammed
    System Admin
    -----------------
    Never break four things in life: TRUST, PROMISE, RELATIONS & HEART. Cause when they break they don't make noise but pains a lot

Re: Internet Explorer 8 problem while running index.hta training video file!

Install FireFox and try again.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Where are you running the contents from???

You could try and add the checkbox from Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Allow Active Content from CDs to Run on my Computer and also Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Allow Active Content to Run in files on my computer. Restart IE and it should work.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
        Where are you running the contents from???

You could try and add the check box from Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Allow Active Content from CDs to Run on my Computer and also Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Allow Active Content to Run in files on my computer. Restart IE and it should work.
        It's the first troubleshoot I tried, but does not work. The result when I enabled both of the options was, it did not ask for 'allow scripts to run', but the IE media player window remained black.
        Insaf Muhammed
        System Admin
        -----------------
        Never break four things in life: TRUST, PROMISE, RELATIONS & HEART. Cause when they break they don't make noise but pains a lot

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
          Install FireFox and try again.
          Firefox doesn't work with CBT videos index.hta. I already tried it...
          Insaf Muhammed
          System Admin
          -----------------

Comment

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5541391_fi...nsion-hta.html
            Programs That Use It
            • If running a Windows-based operating system, commonly used programs that can run .hta executables include Internet Explorer, Adobe Dreamweaver and Mozilla Firefox. People running Mac operating systems will need to download Internet Explorer for Mac to run .hta files

Looks like you may have a different that it not running on IE.

Have a look in the Event Viewer and see if there are any error that relate to this problem.
            Last edited by biggles77; 23rd April 2011, 13:51.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Also look at the codecs that you need to run CBT nuggets if it's staying black.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
                Also look at the codecs that you need to run CBT nuggets if it's staying black.
                Also ensure you meet the requirements for the videos.

http://www.cbtnuggets.com/faqs/1/23#q23

Comment

And finally, contact CBTNuggets support -- they are very good for registered customers.
                  Tom Jones
                  MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                  X