Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlackBerry Topic

Greetings everyone.

Just wondering where the best place to post a discussion on BlackBerry Enter. Server would be?

Re: BlackBerry Topic

Go with this forum unless it also involves Exchange, in which case use the correct Exchange forum
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Nope just a question with BES and phone activation.

So here we go.

Had a user that their phone was replaced with same model due to damage. I managed to get everything transfered to new phone with out issue. They are getting e-mails from our Exchange server; no problem.

The user was telling me that they would like to be able to turn off the Confirm Delete and Delete Send options. While they were trying to make that change, it would never save the changes. My thoughts are it has to be a permission setting some place. I have looked on the BES, I'm just not seeing anything.

I did find out later that we did not fully activate the phone via BES. If the activation process was not completed, how is it that they are still getting mail? (I looked at their e-mail settings and it does not have any Exchange server information listed there)

Any thoughts? What am I missing here?

Comment

this is my basic blackberry troubleshooting process:

1. Battery Pull. (Pull out the battery, then the sim, wait 30 seconds, put it all back in)
        2. Resend the service books. (you need to go into the options, adn then i think advanced options, and delete the relevant service books, CICAL ones spring to mind, then resend them from the BES server)
        3. Wipe the handset, and reactivate from the blackberry.

The email settings, in a BES environment, should not normally show the exchange details

When the new phone was received, did you go into the BES console and re-generate an activation code?
        If not, I'd jump straight to step 3.
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Thanks. I will try these steps.

Any recommendation before I wipe the phone? I am assuming that all of the data will still be there on the BES; as long as I don't delete the user from the BES right?

Comment

not necessarily any need to wipe the phone, just re-activate if you can
            if not, then yes you'll need to wipe the phone

when you do, it will wipe sms messages etc - if you want to keep this stuff, do a full backup with desktop manager
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

DO you have multiple user groups or does everyone go into the standard user group? You may have inadvertantly added them to the wrong group?

Have you looked on a different handset to determin if its effecting other users?

I have had a pairing issue before and just re-paired without wiping the handset/and removing/readding the user account and all was fine.

I miss my BES admin days....

Comment

@tehcamel Did a local backup; Wiped it; Made the setting changes before I resynchronized; resynchronized and the settings stuck. That seemed to do it.

@5habbaranks Ssandard user group; I only have 5 users total. Don't ask me why I got a BES server for 5 users. I mean at one time we had something like 15. But people started to ween themselves off of BB and either go to iPhone or Droids.

Thanks for your input everyone.

Comment

with your BES server - you many be able to get BES Express, I beleive this is targetted to lower user counts.. thuis you may pay less in licensing

Comment

I was under the impression that with BESx, you paid nothing in licensing.
                    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
                      I was under the impression that with BESx, you paid nothing in licensing.
                      You don't.

Comment

Working...
                      X