Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April fools joke - suggestions - redirect

Hi!

This year april fool is finally on a week day. So I thought I would start early this year.

What I had in mind was the following:

If people access a certain page, they are automatically redirected to a page of my creation, where it is written some things about breaking the rules, and the consequences of doing so.

How can I accomplish that on a best possible way? This is supposed to be for all my users, who is behind a firewall, in a domain, and in an OU.

Any tips?

Re: April fools joke - suggestions - redirect

A proxy can be used for serious amusement. Here is an entertaining setup.

-vP

Comment

I love that guy! I've done something similar at an office I support where the landlord was constantly trying to break into the wireless network.

By all means have a good-natured laugh, but just tread carefully.

A particularly good prank if you centrally enforce a given wallpaper and somebody's just got that new 28" screen they've wanted for ages is to add "dead pixels" to their wallpaper image and leave them there until they stop bragging to everyone else in the office about the size of their screen. After all, we all know they're only compensating for something.

And of course... http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...rnals/bb897558 goes down a treat on the CEO's laptop right before a big shareholder meeting...
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

The plan was making my boss part of the stunt. After all, he is putting his name on this webpage, before the april fools joke is revealed.

The bluescreen of death screensaver might be something

Do you think my boss would authorize overtime so I can finish my proxy in time?

Good advice, keep'em coming

Comment

Overtime - no, and I would suggest that asking would come across like extracting the urine.

This is of course uness the "prank" is actually to be a gentle reminder to the staff of how easily web security can be compromised. Your description of it as a prank however suggests otherwise.
          Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

BSOD desktop background and "hide all icons" group policy works for me
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Screen dump of the desktop and then hide the icons. Drives them crazy clicking on an icon that is only in the wallpaper. Click image for larger version

Name:	grey_loader.gif
Views:	2
Size:	1.8 KB
ID:	464800 Muhahahahaha!!
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                BSOD desktop background and "hide all icons" group policy works for me
                What, no cracked screen wallpaper?
                Gareth Howells

Comment

Got that one on my laptop -- causes some odd looks when I start a training course
                  "oops, Windows 7 appears to be broken..."
                  Tom Jones
                  MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Forward them to a bonsai kitten site (e.g. http://www.ding.net/bonsaikitten/). YES IT IS FAKE.

Comment

Under 24 hours to prepare now - I hope you all have your prank GPOs ready!

I'm sorely tempted to enable audio and turn up the volume on our draughtsmen's PCs (around 60 staff in our drawing office) and setting their Windows sounds to various audio clips from Duke Nukem. Unfortunately, I'm all out of gum.
                      Gareth Howells

Comment

Just heard that a former colleague sent an email around the company warning of a system shutdown at 12:00 so that the blade servers could be sharpened, in line with the CEO's desire to run the most cutting-edge technology.

Gareth Howells

Comment

What was the point?
                          Last edited by Ossian; 5th April 2011, 16:56.
                          Tom Jones
                          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                          IT Trainer / Consultant
                          Ossian Ltd
                          Scotland

Comment

Plenty of points - one in each corner.

Loving http://www.break.com/index/shock-top...x-news-2037882
                            Gareth Howells

Comment

Excellent!! If she visited a hilly farm, she would have to watch out for the Gully Bulls. Click image for larger version

Name:	Aaaaaa.gif
Views:	11
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	464811
                              1 1 was a racehorse.
                              2 2 was 1 2.
                              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                              X