No announcement yet.

Lansweeper Network Inventory Software?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lansweeper Network Inventory Software?

We are currently running a network with +/- 3000 clients and 150 servers, the whole things is becomming a bit unmanagable, unfortunately we have no big amounts to spend on a network inventory tool (if it doesnt make money for the company, its most of the time not worth spending the bucks for the management, you know the feeling probably.... however, we came across a rather cheap tool, the Lansweeper Network Inventory Software but we don't know any admin who is using it yet, does anybody have a review? its AD integrated, clientless and pretty cheap, so it might work for us, but i would like to read some reviews first!
    Last edited by Wired; 18th March 2011, 06:11. Reason: removed link

Re: Lansweeper Network Inventory Software?

This article is on the Petri Knowledgebase. http://www.petri.com/monitoring-your...&theme=&accent=
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

We use it in our organisation.

Works exactly as expected and gives us pretty much all the inofrmation we need.

I would highly recommend purchasing the Premium Tools as it does give you more features, as you would expect after paying for something.

Comment

How does it work? Do you have to install an agent? Or does it work with WMI?

Comment

Originally posted by Aresius View Post
          How does it work? Do you have to install an agent? Or does it work with WMI?
          Its an installabe application that we use on a dedicated server with an SQL DB.

We have it set to scan our AD system and then it scans the machines, i'm presuming via WMI.

No agents are need on any client machine or servers

Comment

thanks guys, we have installed it in our network and have been using it for the last month, we must say: pretty impressed! this software is really worth tripple its cost!

Comment

Originally posted by moorken View Post
              thanks guys, we have installed it in our network and have been using it for the last month, we must say: pretty impressed! this software is really worth tripple its cost!
              Moorken,
              I don't think there is any need for any underhanded PR stunts.
              Whilst I agree that it is a good product indeed having it used it in the past, please note that direct or indirect advertising is against the forum rules.
              If you want to raise the profile of the product please contact the Administrators or forum Owner who would be more than happy to discuss it further.
              Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

I agree, it's odd seeing another "moorken" post rave reviews about LanSweeper last summer...
                ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                X