Sharepoint 2010 New items "per user"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharepoint 2010 New items "per user"

I was working with a client on Sharepoint 2010 Server and we were discussing the "new" icon that appears against list items.

I am sure that I have seen this recorded on a "per user" basis on earlier versions of sharepoint (i.e. each user sees an item flagged as new until they go into it), but it now seems to be a setting applied to the item that disappears after 2 days, and is not affected by user activity.

Can anyone confirm either:
    a) The "new" icon has changed from per user to global in this version of Sharepoint
    b) There is some sort of add-in which enables "per user" visibility and this is what I have seen (if so, please give me as much information as possible to find the add-in).
    c) I am going quietly crazy and imagining I saw "per user" behaviour

In this case it is fairly vital to a project that users who may visit Sharepoint occasionally can see new items added since their last visit.

I have googled and can find nothing obvious about this.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Sharepoint 2010 New items "per user"

Yeah, it was there on previous versions, and yep, 2 days is the default. Server wide setting AFAIK, not per user.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/baliles/arch...2010-list.aspx
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks, Wired -- appreciated!
      Can you pull up a reference to it being "per user" in previous sharepoint versions
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

Comment

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...ffice.12).aspx

No idea.

Comment

But that refers to the current situation, where new items show for a set period of time.

Did I pick you up wrong in post #2 -- I thought you said that in previous versions new items were kept at a "per user" rather than a global level -- thats what I'm wanting a reference to!
          Tom Jones
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

Comment

Working...
          X