Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trend WFBS 7

Not sure if this belongs here or under terminal services:
    Has anyone had problems with Trend Worry Free Businsess Security version 7?
    I like to prevent the agent icon from appearing in the systray, and support is telling me that is not possible.
    Also, and this might be a mis-configuration, I can't seem to get the client agent to NOT offer ordinary users the ability to manually start a scan.
    Finally, I've found that launching the client in one TS session launches it in all the other TS sessions.

I'm working with Trend on all of these, but curious if anyone else had encountered problems.

I have also opened an incident with Trend because after installing WFBS 7 on my Windows 2003 utility server, backups started taking twice as long. We use Vertas BU Exec version 9.1 and the backups server is on the same utility server as the scan server. Per Trend Suport this is now a known issue and is filed for the Product Core Team.
    Last edited by prmolina; 23rd November 2010, 18:19. Reason: Forgot an Issue

Re: Trend WFBS 7

Indeed I have, in fact the only thing more useless than the product is Trend support.

The AV part seems to work OK but my one customer who has it is in a workgroup environment, and Trend won't assist me in getting it to work. The management console is an Apache website, but doesn't run, and Trend support's answer is to tell me to install IIS when their website says IIS isn't supported on non-server operating systems.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

This is a known problem and my understanding the issue has been strongly raised with Trend who have escalated the priority. I am not defending Trend but just passing on info from a reliable source.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Just got some new info about this problem. Go to the Trend site, find and download the below file.

WFBS_70_WIN_EN_CriticalPatch_B1357.zip
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks for the link! Wonder if support was going to get around to telling me about it.

Comment

Working...
          X