Ghost 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost 2003

I am trying to Ghost a Dell 340 with Ghost 2003. I want to backup the image to a Maxtor 300G (one touch) external drive via a USB connection. The Dell does not recognize the Maxtor whenever booted into DOS using the Ghost standard boot disk. I have used the same Ghost program to backup numerous Panasonic Toughbook laptops in my office. Is this a Dell problem? Does anyone know? Is it possibly a BIOS problem?

Re: Ghost 2003

Try to use Ghost 2006 or Gohst Corp. 8.2.
    If the BIOS reconize the external storage, you may have software problem.
    btw.. Why you dont use Ghost Server instead of manually add external hard
    disk in each time?
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

dear friends,

last time we installed symantec antivirus from symantec corp (2005)
      full version : 10.0.0.359 (www.symantec.com)..
      but after installing to this DELL precision ws 380 n series (O/S windows 2000 prof edition )...we can not connect to the machine (there's a connection to a machine)
      using the machine s/w (installed in the pc)....

it's like a port blocked by norton antivirus...

but does norton ghost 2003 block any port ? we're afraid that after installing norton ghost 2003 in the pc...the s/w of machine can not connect to machine by certain port...

btw, is there any way to check which port is used by the machine and machine s/w for comm ? vendor of the machine does not provide this info..

thanks a lot,
      best regards,
      hendy

Comment

Hendy,
        Please dont double post!

We saw this message in your ghost thread -- if anyone has a solution, they will get back to you

Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X