No announcement yet.

What Should the 2017 Resume Look Like?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Should the 2017 Resume Look Like?

I have to say its been a while since I have looked to see what resumes look like these days, Mine is pretty standard and I just add job experience as I come and go. I see things that say "drop the objective line", "get rid of your graduation year", "make your URL links live", "Don't list your high school".

So what is expected these days? Are we to start conforming to non standards we learned about resumes back in High School and College 10-15 years ago? I mean I see people having QR codes on their that lead the reader to their blog or their twitter?

What is everyone seeing or doing?

IMHO KISS - get the important thinks (tailored to the post you are applying for) in the first page, and if you need to go on, do it in decreasing order of importance.

QRs and live links are (again IMHO) just "showing off" - I stick with dead tree
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Ya I agree with no colors/links/QR/etc. I think I just need a few different versions of the resume for different groups of roles I would apply for. IE: Security roles, I would highlight my security work and trail with my R&S work and the opposite for R&S roles.

Comment

Are we to start conforming to non standards we learned about resumes back in High School and College 10-15 years ago?
        Then how do you think those who learned things at the same places you mentioned but it was 38 - 43 yeas ago.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X