Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game First Run Error

Hi,

So, I was going through some of my archived games the other day and updating or getting rid of those that no longer seemed to work on Win 10.

I used to be a huge fan of the Wing Commander series so you can probably imagine my excitement when I found Wing Commander Saga - Darkest Dawn which I immediately downloaded and installed. You can probably also imagine my disappointment when I tried to run it (even after patching) and got this:

I posted a query at the wing commander site and basically got nothing so, although I know you guys mostly deal with more serious stuff, I figured I'd ask the experts (nothing like a bit of flattery to pave the way, eh? LOL).

Clearly, it's somehow graphics controller related which is very disappointing since I had a brand new Radeon 486 Graphics card as a present for my birthday from my older brother.

Anyway, any ideas?

Thx

Keke
    J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
    The Abyssal Void War: Stars, Hide Your Fires

SOrry, no real ideas, although you could try going into device manager and changing your graphics driver to the generic Microsoft one - if that fixes it, it is down to the Radeon drivers, and it becomes your call whether to stay or move
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      SOrry, no real ideas, although you could try going into device manager and changing your graphics driver to the generic Microsoft one - if that fixes it, it is down to the Radeon drivers, and it becomes your call whether to stay or move
      Good idea. Unfortunately didn't work. Thx anyway

Keke
      J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
      The Abyssal Void War: Stars, Hide Your Fires

Comment

Working...
      X