X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Desk / Ticketing Systems

Looking at implementing a ticketing system at work. Right now it's between:

Manage Engine - Help Desk only - $495
    Track-It - $1500 for first IT seat, $550 for each additional seat + 25% for support
    HEAT - $3100 per IT seat (before discounts) + 22% for support

Does anyone have experience with any of these products?

Currently we have < 100 employees, but implementing projects with growth in mind.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Help Desk / Ticketing Systems

We use none of those so I can not answer your question. Currently we use Spiceworks which is very price friendly (i.e. FREE!!) and honestly it rocks for the price. There are things that could be done better but free is free. Anyway, figured I would throw that out there in case you want to look at the option.

Have a great day!
    Two things:
    1) If I wrote something wrong please please please let me know. I want to know ESPECIALLY if I am wrong.
    2) I have a tendency to write things that are misconstrued as being agressive or not so pleasant. That is not my intent.

Comment

No experience with any of them I'm afraid, we use Site Helpdesk for internal calls and for our customers.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

I'm familiar with SpiceWorks, set it up at a previous job. Not bad, but won't make the cut here. Site Helpdesk just looks fugly
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

We used SysAid Help Desk here at my company, it's pretty decent. Couldn't tell you pricing.

We have >3300 employees and it still hasn't broken.
          Last edited by Managor; 14th October 2010, 18:39.
          "To err is human but to really **** things up requires a computer user..."

"The path to enlightenment is /user/bin/enlightenment"

A+ CE

Comment

Liberum Help Desk An oldie but a goodie and at the right price. However you don't mention what options you require for the system and I don't know the apps you have listed or what they contain.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Didn't list them because there's nothing extra needed. Just a plain old ticketing system ATM email's just fine for what little (if any) issues arise day to day.

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
                I'm familiar with SpiceWorks, set it up at a previous job. Not bad, but won't make the cut here. Site Helpdesk just looks fugly
                It is out of the box, that's why it's so cheap. We've edited a load of the ASP pages and added our own logos and branding.
                BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
                sigpic
                Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Infra - but it's way expensive, does full range of ITIL including problem, change, incident, config(asset) management

Issue Manager - may not be what yo need for ~100 users, also dotnet framework based, customisable but not inherently powerful I don't think

I'\m currently working at a place that uses Netsuite - SaaS CRM based, does case management, project and task management, and can also put network/asset information into it.
                  Not sure what the price point on this one is, and how much config you'd have to do
                  Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Looking at implementing a ticketing system at work. Right now it's between:

Manage Engine - Help Desk only - $495
                    Track-It - $1500 for first IT seat, $550 for each additional seat + 25% for support
                    HEAT - $3100 per IT seat (before discounts) + 22% for support

Does anyone have experience with any of these products?

Currently we have < 100 employees, but implementing projects with growth in mind.
                    You thought about RT? http://bestpractical.com/rt/

I know its not on your list. But its Open Source. Easy to set up. And a very mature ticketing system that's quite popular amongst Banks and various financial institutions.

Comment

Originally posted by scurlaruntings View Post
                      You thought about RT? http://bestpractical.com/rt/

I know its not on your list. But its Open Source. Easy to set up. And a very mature ticketing system that's quite popular amongst Banks and various financial institutions.
                      Their monthly support costs are what the others charge per YEAR. No way.

HEAT's out of the running as well.

Comment

Their monthly support costs are what the others charge per YEAR. No way.

HEAT's out of the running as well.
                        Support? what you need support for?

Comment

Working...
                        X