Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inventory software, what is the best?

Hi, all

I need a help for the choose software inventory. I work for a small organization like accounting firm. And now want to ask for anyone who know better software license inventory for a small business.
    Of course, I search in google most popular of them, read reviews and separated next variants of inventory management software:

1. inFlow Inventory - i think most popular of others. Is a freeware related to trade inventory. The free edition even offers multiple users access to data in a read-only format. Support is in the form of quick-start guides and tutorial videos, and the site also offers help forums and a direct contact support option.

2. AdRem NetCrunch. Seller claims about intuitive layout makes it easy to manage our network. Network is made up of a lot of industrial SERVO drivers, VoIP adapters, routers, switches, access points, yet this is no problem for netcrunch. The network discovery process is very straight forward; also classifying different hardware is easy.

3. Softwar inventory audit from Spiceworks. You can keep an eye on your servers and SNMP-enabled devices like routers and switches from one dashboard. You'll have total visibility over your network, so you can catch issues before any of your users, and be the IT hero you were meant to be. After work hours, rely on email alerts to keep you updated of the critical issues affecting your systems. Its free.

4. And now the last of my finding - Software Inventory from softinventive. Possible to track the software presence on specific devices. Merge different versions of the same software. Use regular expressions to improve search results. You can download its [MOD EDIT DELETED ]But this software not free like previous cases.

I usually use only licensed and inspected programs. Who know anyone software of this list or maybe you can offer others?

[MOD EDIT Link Removed]
    Last edited by Ossian; 27th September 2016, 08:42.

I have removed the live link to prevent this post (and your user account) suffering the usual penalties for spamming....

You could add SCCM, possibly combined with Windows Intune
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Sigh... didn't read, re-added link -- banned as a spammer.
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        Sigh... didn't read, re-added link -- banned as a spammer.
        Is SCCM also checking licenses on a network? I downloaded Total Network trial and it`s pretty sweet. I need also to check 3rd party licenses (such as 3D Max and other tools for an engineering).

Comment

Working...
        X