Moving a Sharepoint site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving a Sharepoint site

Does anyone have any links to information on how to move Microsoft Windows Sharepoint Services 2.0 (free version with MSDE) site to Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server 2007 (MOSS) farm?

Re: Moving a Sharepoint site

This is worth reviewing.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...ffice.12).aspx

Once upgraded to WSS 3, you can then look at the path for upgrading to MOSS 2007.
    Last edited by Virtual; 13th October 2010, 13:25.

Comment

Thanks for the link Virtual. I ended up building a new farm from scratch and importing all the data manually

Comment

Sometimes the best method. Some of the problems can sometimes be copying metadata and versioning over etc. I am doing the same now (have just done so) for MOSS 2007 to SharePoint 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
          Sometimes the best method. Some of the problems can sometimes be copying metadata and versioning over etc. I am doing the same now (have just done so) for MOSS 2007 to SharePoint 2010.
          This is what i found. Although the backend databases are relational you cant just lift and shift the database and re-attach it from one version to another as well as all the metadata in the site. It was simply easier ( and actually quite enjoyable for some strange reason ) to export all the data from the old Sharepoint portal and lift it into the new one with a nice new clean baseline. Got a lovely shiny new Sharepoint farm now that everyones impressed with.

Comment

Working...
          X