arcserve r12 need to restore a crash server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arcserve r12 need to restore a crash server

hi guys... i have a server crash , all my backup are done on tape with arcserve r12 (sp1 maybe).
    the server was 8 years old , i bought the same server on ebay, to maybe switch the motherboard and restart everything.... but it did not go like i want it !!!

my arryay is not recognize so i re-install server 2008 R2 and the backup program to restore the complete server !!! again it did no go like i want...

my probleme now is
    #1 arcserve see the tape but it take like 30 minutes maybe 45 to tell me UNREADABLE MEDIA. from what i read so far it might be cause because i install SP1 or SP2, so the tape are writen with the SPx and now with the basic install ( NO SPx) it does not recognize the data on it.

#2 i cant find the SP1 for arcserve r12..... i try to call them i still waiting for the sale departement to call me back to SELL me a maintenance license and a update to arcserve r17..... they were not able to tell me if it gonna work.

any help or sugestion will be welcome, this server has been down for 1 week soon.... the customer does not like it ...me neither...

HELLLLPPPPP

thanks

sylvain
    Last edited by 123sly123; 9th September 2016, 06:30.

Have you seen this: http://downloads.arcserve.com/patche...d_r12_SP1.html
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Originally posted by Blood View Post
      thanks blood yes i seen it and try it from 2 different computer and always same message ....access denied....you dont have permission

if you can get the servicepack let me know

Comment

Have you tried installing the Patch Manager and running that? I can't recall if it will also D/L and install service packs.
        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
        X