No announcement yet.

FoxPro dbf is not available?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FoxPro dbf is not available?

Hi all,
    I am asking this question on several VFP forums but the answer seems to be very difficult...
    VFP lists FoxBase DBF file with 0xFB signature in the help ( I suppose this is the old FoxBase (16 bit version 1 or Mac version probably) and I would like to find such DBF file sample or its structure description at least.

Does anybody of you have the old FoxBase or some DBF created in this version available?
    Even the older dBase II file format is described at several places (and VFP 9 allows to open it but the header info is not properly decoded), FoxBase DBF is simply nowhere...
    I am not interested in FoxBase+ DBF structure - this is known and compatible to dBase III.

This is not really relevant to Small Business Server, so am moving the thread to the Misc forum
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Are you trying to open the old DB's?

I had to convert some FoxPro DB's we had created in the early 90's to Access 2003. I used the ODBC method described in this MS article to create an ODBC object. You can then use the instructions described here to open the object in Access. You need to create an ODBC object for each table as I recall. It worked, too!

Apologies if this is not what you were asking.
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy