Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft Deployment Workbench - Application locations DURING install?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Deployment Workbench - Application locations DURING install?

I'm working on installing AVG onto PCs that are being automatically built using Microsoft's Deployment Workbench. AVG has a nice little installer wizard that creates a bat and ini file to automate the install process. It works fine, HOWEVER, it won't work during the deployment process. The bat file calls the ini file and needs the location of the file. I'm guessing it's in a temp location on the local PC during the install as the PC shouldn't have access to the deployment share once it's booted (testing that right now).

So, assuming it is in a temp location, does anyone know where that temp location on the PC would be?
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Microsoft Deployment Workbench - Application locations DURING install?

Err, in a Temp Folder.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Maybe here: Click image for larger version

Name:	XP-temp-folder.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	464573
      or here. Click image for larger version

Name:	Win7-temp-folder.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	464574

If it is Windows 7 don't forget that it likes to create Virtual Folders but I can't imagine that in this case. AVG may also create a temp folder in the temp folder. You may have to do an install and stop it part through and then search for the required files.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Looks like it pulls it from the network share directly into RAM.

AVG appeared to be installing, but wasn't. Needed to go into the task sequence and add a restart before the call to install applications.
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X