Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Remove WUS Server from being downstream server

Hi Everyone,

Just registered this morning and i would like to ask for your help.
    This is our setup;

we have 2 WUS servers 1 is the primary/upstream and a second one that is configured as a downstream server. the two servers are located on different areas which is connected by a 256kb frame relay connection, both sites have their own internet connection.

is there a way to remove the downstream server from the configuration, then recreate the WUS on the same server but it will not be a downstream anymore but it will function as a standalone WUS now, meaning it will get its updates directly from microsoft's site.

i hope this is clear.
    thanks in advance.

igor

Re: How to Remove WUS Server from being downstream server

Connect to your WSUS admin page and select 'Options' and then 'Synchronisation Options'

You want to change the update options to 'Synchronise from Microsoft Update'
    Attached Files
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Hi m80arm,

Thanks for the quick reply.
      I've already tried that but it will not let me change it.
      i have tried uninstalling the WUS from the downstream server, then reinstalled it on the same machine, but i cannot/ during setup it won't allow me to change the setting pointing from the upstream server to microsoft's update site.

thanks again.

Comment

btw, i do not have that upper selection button only the lower one appears in my server, i think this is because it was configured primarily as a downstream server thus it ask for the replica/upstream server only.

thanks.

Comment

MMmmm - maybe when you uninstalled it it still left some registry keys in the registry and when you re-installed it it still used the same keys thus not allowing you to make the chages.

I will have a dig around my notes to see if I have anything on this

Michael
          Michael Armstrong
          www.m80arm.co.uk
          MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

i will uninstall it again over the weekend then look for registry keys left.
            then will install again.
            will give update on status of tests.

thanks michael..

-igor-

Comment

Working...
            X