Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations for cheaper LogMeIn replacement?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for cheaper LogMeIn replacement?

I have requirements to remotely access a number of computers (mix of servers and workstations) where RDP is not an option or as a fallback to RDP. They are a mix of members of a number of domains and standalone machines. True unattended access is required (user often not present when remoting in), as is the use of standard ports rather than faffing around with firewalls which I may not have access to. Looking at 30-50 machines maximum. Ability to delegate control of particular machines to other people would be an advantage, as would web based deployment where I can send a link to download a personalised client

I have used LogMeIn successfully for a number of years, but the pricing has crept up and up (from about 150 per year for unlimited clients on LogMeIn Central to a proposed renewal fee of 450 for LogMeIn Basic 100 clients), so now at a point where I am looking for alternatives.

Recommendations please for free or substantially cheaper options? I am hoping to come down to about 200 / $300 per year, or even less
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

LogMeIn Hamatchi. Should cost you about 60 lbs for the 256 clients on ONE network (see image attached for AUD$ costs). Allowed me to RDP access but was a bit of a mess until I renamed then to keep the sites Servers organised into groups based on their names. Or, you can choose the 15 Quid one and have multiple networks. (Insomnia and SFA to do)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	LogMeIn Hamatchi.png
Views:	1
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	495679

Last edited by biggles77; 10th March 2016, 14:58.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Cheers, Chris
      I hadn't looked at any LogMeIn products but worth a check
      I'll post back
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I use GoToAssist from Citrix. It costs me $60.00 USD per month for a single technician license for up to 200 machines. You create an unattended installer and deploy that to the machines you want to manage for unattended access.

Comment

Thanks, Joe, but 720USD per year is somewhat more than I am looking at now, plus no delegation (assuming single tech license means just that) makes it a showstopper
          Tom Jones
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

Comment

I would recommend use of on premise R-HUB remote support servers as one of the best alternatives to logmein. It is only one time cost and you own the appliance free for lifetime. No hassles of monthly payments.

Comment

You could use anydesk [MOD EDIT LINK DELETED]

Enjoy!

/Ruby

[MOD EDIT] Please do not post commercial links as your very first post - only reason you are not banned is the other two posts, which seem not to be spamming.
              Last edited by Ossian; 26th June 2017, 11:13. Reason: Live Link Deleted

Comment

Isn't LogMeIn Hamachi their VPN product?

We currently use Kaseya as our RMM but are currently looking to switch. Probably to ConnectWise... or maybe AutoTask. I don't really know the pricing on them.

I suppose iLo or iDRAC with a VPN to the network isn't an option. Maybe VNC over a VPN?
                Regards,
                Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

I settled on Hamachi (remember this thread started last year) and am having no problems with it - the remoting is done with RDP using the Hamachi IP and I can browse files etc via the Hamachi client
                  Tom Jones
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

Comment

Oh geez, missed that.
                    Regards,
                    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
                    X