No announcement yet.

Best recovery solutions

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best recovery solutions

Hello. I'm pretty new at being a webmaster, and i am managing a big website with over 15,000 pages. I'm looking for a good disaster recovery solution. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

A tiny clue what platform it is on would be useful
    If IIS / WIndows Server, you have the free Windows Server Backup available, or a raft of commercial products
    If something else, tell us what

Is the server Physical or Virtual?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Hey , thanks for replying. The server is Virtual - go.daddy. I hope it's the right answer

Originally posted by KendallWyatty View Post
        Hey , thanks for replying. The server is Virtual - go.daddy. I hope it's the right answer
        No, that's not the right answer. What Operating System does this virtual server run? Linux? Windows? What web server platform is it running? IIS? LAMP? We need a lot more technical detail if we're to offer you constructive guidance.

Are you using (You state go.daddy)
          A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Hi Ossian, got all the info from the tech team (Windows server, IIS 6, SQL etc') but it seems I was a step behind them. What I was mainly worried about was downtimes as one occured on my first week here, but I was now told by the IT that they are already using [MOD EDIT] solution. It did not kick in because our domain was pointing at the wrong IP (deployment instead of production server) since a new site version was launched but they fixed it now so it should work (though I hope it would not be necessary )

Thanks anyhow! I appreciate you trying to help.
            I'm new to all of this so you might hear more from me in the future :P
            Last edited by Ossian; 3rd February 2016, 14:23.