No announcement yet.

Lost mysql database website recovery

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost mysql database website recovery

My web server was lost and I am now attempting to get our company website back up and running using the backups we do have. What I do have is all of the files that made up the site but what I do not have a backup of is the mysql config for the site.

Looking through some of the php files I can the database name and the user the pages are calling. What I am unable to find is a database file I could import or any documentation in the source files (that include the original files from the webdevelopers.)

How might I go about finding this information can anyone tell me where to look and secondly how I might go about finding what tables I need to make etc.

So to make it clear, you have lost the whole database, with no backups?
    You may be able to use information in the web pages to recover table and field names, but will you get all of them?
    And how will you get your DATA back - that is the stuff that has value to the business
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Have you searched for the database name using the restore feature of your backup software?
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy