No announcement yet.

MAC OSX 10.6 Server install error

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAC OSX 10.6 Server install error

Hi All,

I am having an issue getting my MAC OSX 10.6 Server version installed. The reason we are trying to use 10.6 Server, is because we are purchasing 4 new 10.11 Machines. Our printing company requires us to send files using MAC 10.6. Our plan was to install Parallels, and run 10.6 virtual machine from there. We ran into an issue there, because Parallels doesn't support a virtual client version of 10.6, only the Server version, so I am told. Apple explained that it was FREE?!?! shocking they would give anything away for free, but I wasn't going to argue that. When I try to install the Server version on a virtual, the install seemingly goes through nicely, but then it asks me for a serial number that Apple nor Parallels has an answer for. Apple suggested that I try to install it on a hard disk computer, saying that only the virtual install asks for the serial.. This I am trying and not succeeding with.

On one machine, after selecting the CD to boot from, it gets stuck on a gray screen with an apple in the middle. This has happened over 5 times, including me letting it sit overnight, with no movement. This is with the internal CD Drive, the new MAC Superdrive(which it tells me is unsupported), and also on my personal external dvd/blueray player I have always had success with.

Second machine, when selecting the CD to boot from, it gives this error. This machine is a MAC Mini. Same error with a new MAC SUPERDRIVE! as well as with an external dvd/blueray player I have always had success with. I have attached a screen shot of this error.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	MAC Error.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	494890

If anyone has any suggestions on any of the following I would greatly appreciate it!
    1) How to get 10.6 Snow Leopard or 10.6 Snow Leopard SERVER Version installed as a virtual in Parallels.
    2) How to get my hands on a serial number for the server version? and no it did not come with the CD they sent me. There was just a CD with a paper receipt, with little to no information on it.
    3) Any ideas on how to get this to push past the gray screen with the apple?

Please let me know if you have any questions!
    Thank you

Check your PM and see if that helps.
    Departed: 23rd December 2015