corrupt MS Excel (XLS and XLSX)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• corrupt MS Excel (XLS and XLSX)

I have important MS Excel file data and unfortunately got damage due to virus attacks, so my crucial Excel sheet got lost, How to repair corrupt MS Excel (XLS and XLSX) Files. If have any solution please assist me.

Since it is an "important" file, you will obviously have backups you can restore from (maybe in the form of shadow copies).

Note to new posters recommending commercial products on your first post - this is spamming and will result in a ban
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Once you're sure you are completely clear of the threats, download[MOD EDIT DELETED] and install it. It's a free utility and works well but if the sheet was open when the attack hit, you may not be able to reconstitute it. If you search your system for files with names starting with a $ symbol, you might find the temporary file Excel creates as soon as you open the original. That could be recovered as the files before you started working on it the last time.

[MOD EDIT - seems someone doesn't read my previous post. bye ]
      Last edited by Ossian; 29th October 2015, 20:38.

Comment

Working...
      X