Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

​Why is Winzip Selfextractor exe not unzipping my file?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ​Why is Winzip Selfextractor exe not unzipping my file?

Hi Experts,
    I am not sure I understand Winzip Selfextractor now...The winzip wizard did appear very simple: create a selfextractor exe file with the same name as your zip file and if the zip file arrives in the same folder it unzips by itself. But it doesn't. Even if I doubleclick on the self extractor exe nothing happens. Apart from me feeling very dumb, what can I possibly be doing wrong following the self extractor wizard that nothing happens? Any ideas please?

Did you follow these instructions?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Methods to try fixing invalid Zip files with the command line add-on or alternative variant might be next threads where you'll get more solutions

[MOD EDIT LINKS DELETED AND USER BANNED]

For a split or spanned Zip file, use the following command instead:
      "C:\Program Files\WinZip\wzzip" -yfs zipfile.zip
      WZZIP will create a new Zip file with a FIXED suffix in the file name. The original Zip file will not be modified. Only the data in the original Zip file is used.
      The FIXED Zip file is structurally sound but the data may still be corrupt. WZZIP does not fix the zipped data itself. If the zipped data has a CRC error or the zipped data is corrupt, then the resulting fixed Zip file will still be corrupt.
      Last edited by Ossian; 2nd October 2015, 07:24.

Comment

Working...
      X