Chrome Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome Problems

It seems unlike IE and Firefox Google Chrome has decide all MHT files such as I have been creating every day for over for some 10 years from emails using MS Word are too dangerous to display. The other two browsers as always are still quite happy to continue to display them on my daily pages at http://www.sigord.co.uk/News.htm

So can someone please explain to me why only Google have decided amongst themselves there are terrible hidden dangers in MHT files? I daresay MHT files like certain other files might be a little easier to hack into, but surely it is our responsibility to ensure we all have a reputable fully paid up antivirus installed to protect ourselves. I have therefore been obliged to suggest at http://www.sigord.co.uk/FileHelp.htm that those using Chrome install Firefox instead if they want to see MHT files.

Gordon

Gordon, I had the same problem so I changed the File Association to open the MHT files with IE. Solve the issue. Try a Right Click, Open with and choose a browser other than Chrome. It has been published that Chrome has the most security holes of all the web browsers so maybe that has something to do with MHT files not working with it.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Thanks but I have no problem myself as I only use IE to check my site unless I am using dear old Win XP, then I only use Firefox. But most of the regular visitors to my daily pages are probably elderly like me.

If Chrome is so suspect anyway how are the Tablet etc. users managing with the Android OS, as I can only see Chrome on their list of Apps? Am I wrong as with most Linux is Firefox also available or some other Browser?

Comment

I can only assume that it may be more secure (at present) on an Android O/S than a Windows O/S. Of course I ass u me d so I am most likely the first part of the word.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Chrome is a PITA for this. When staff have problems with the Intranet or accessing login portals I ask them to close Chrome and try Internet Explorer instead - voilą, problem solved
          A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
          X