Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting Russian into English

guys,

One of our sales staff has recieved a mail from our website in Russian. We use Outlook 2002 and I have tried opening the mail and changing the encoding to:

Cyrillic (ISO)
    Cyrillic (KOI8-R)
    Cyrillic (KOI8-U)
    Cyrillic (Windows)

But it stil doesn't convert ito English.

Anyone know how to conver it into English? Apparently there should be about 10 different Cyrillic options to choose from. Sorry but my knowledge on languages isn't the best

Any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Converting Russian into English

huh? won't russian still be russian even if you manage to display it right?
    maybe a translator can help you
    Yesterday we stood at the edge of the abyss. Today we are a step further...

Comment

Sorry yeah,

It's been one of those mornings

I need to view the mail as russian. When I visiti a russian webpage it displays fine but when I one of the users recieves a russian mail it's all rubbish
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

in that case i would say make sure the user has the cyrillic languages installed and has outlook configured to show the email as it was sent. not something like just showing all text or something like that which messes up the format the message was sent in.
        Yesterday we stood at the edge of the abyss. Today we are a step further...

Comment

Working...
        X