Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

​Old attachments do not open after Exchange 2007 edb recovery.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ​Old attachments do not open after Exchange 2007 edb recovery.

Domain Controllers failed and user had no backups. I took their exchange server and built a new domain.
    I installed exchange 2007 sp3 and performed a "eseutil /p on the edb file since it was in a dirty state.

I created all the user accounts and connected the disconnected mailboxes that were on the repaired mailbox database.

My problem is that any attachments that were in a message previous to the restore will not open. They are able to use new attachments as they arrive.

I saw various third-party recommendations for fixing this, but this thread discusses re-indexing the mail store and which may work for you.
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

- Stop the Microsoft Exchange Search Indexer service. Run Stop-Service MSExchangeSearch if you are into Shell.

- Browse to where the database files are located on the disk. Along with the database file, you will see a folder with “CatalogData-random string” as its name. Delete this folder, which stores the corrupt index.

- Restart the Microsoft Exchange Search Indexer service. Run Start-Service MSExchangeSearch if you are into Shell.

- Give it a minute and a new folder will be created and a new index will be built.

- If guide on above can't assist you, then you may utilize topic for solving crashed .edb files http://forums.msexchange.org/m_18005...htm#1800598776

Comment

Originally posted by thomaspatel View Post
        - Stop the Microsoft Exchange Search Indexer service. Run Stop-Service MSExchangeSearch if you are into Shell.

- Browse to where the database files are located on the disk. Along with the database file, you will see a folder with “CatalogData-random string” as its name. Delete this folder, which stores the corrupt index.

- Restart the Microsoft Exchange Search Indexer service. Run Start-Service MSExchangeSearch if you are into Shell.

- Give it a minute and a new folder will be created and a new index will be built.

- If guide on above can't assist you, then you may utilize topic for solving crashed .edb files http://forums.msexchange.org/m_18005...htm#1800598776
        There's an echo around here....
        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
        X