Picture Upload problem - this might be the best area to do this

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture Upload problem - this might be the best area to do this

When I try to upload pictures onto Ebay, my system has slowed right down and fails most of the time. I presume that the source of the problem could be my Broadband connection but that seems fine. Is it my computer hard drive failing? Everything else seems to work fine on it. Is it to do with my wifi connection? Do Wi-fi dongles wear out? Can someone suggest some way of diagnosing the problem? The pictures upload without problem in computers outside of my home.
    Any help gratefully received.
    Last edited by biggles77; 16th May 2015, 14:14.

I'm very tempted to say that WiFi dongles can only store so many bits and if the data transmitted exceeds the data received, they eventually run out.....

It is very unlikely to be anything physical in your PC, much more likely to be some sort of traffic shaping in your router or by your ISP

Can you please edit your post to remove the HTML?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Paul, having never uploaded anything to eBay, could you tell us what are the file size limits and file extensions allowable. Have you exceeded any of their allowable limits?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

If he can (as in OP) upload OK from a different computer, presumably not
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for your help so far. I followed some advice about doing a broadband speed test and discovered that it is painfully slow. I then got on to BT (my provider) who have messed about with it and hope that by tomorrrow it will be improved. They will call me tomorrow to find out. I'll be back if I find that this is not resolved

Comment

I do not know how the HTML got onto my post! I've edited it so hopefully it's OK now

Comment

Working...
            X