sample letter to take classes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sample letter to take classes

Greetings all, Does anyone know were i can get a sample letter to give to my boss to take some IT training classes. Id like to have my employer pay for them due to the costs and also to show that i have a vested interest in the company to continue up the ladder so to speak.

Thanks
    JK

To be honest, anything you write should be tailored to your own circumstances - a template letter will be obvious and if I was your boss, I would not waste time on you if you did not take the time to think out a good letter.

Concentrate on:
    Business benefits (what extra you can offer the company if you get the training)
    Where/when/how long is the training
    Will the classes interfere with your regular job
    Costs
    What alternatives you have considered (books, videos....) and why the classes are better

Also speak to your HR people to see if there is a corporate training policy, and if you have an appraisal coming up, get a personal development plan into it.

Feel free to post something up here for a critique once you have written it, but it will read FAR better coming from you!
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Can't you just speak to your boss about it rather than write a letter?

Comment

Working...
      X