HDD Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDD Problem

I hear some noise from my Harddisk.I think it's Cyladers have problems.
    it does not allow my system to boot.Can I fix it?Is there any program which can Recover my Data.When I set it as an slave IDE,my system doesnot boot again.

Re: HDD Problem

Hi Mate,

You could give Winternals Administrator ago. It boots from a cd and reads in from your hdd, will even read NTFS. Very good app and costs alot less than sending the hdd away for recovery.

You could also try GetDataBack for FAT32 or NTFS. This would involve slaving the broken hdd off of another pc.

Both of these options rely on the fact that the hard drive can spin and read the data written on it.

Good Luck

Dean

Comment

another thing i once tried out of desperation was to create an image of the faulty disk using norton ghost 2003. i then extracted the data from the image file using the ghost explorer.

again, as DeanPorter say, the drive needs to be spinning and you need to be able to read data from it.
      Yesterday we stood at the edge of the abyss. Today we are a step further...

Comment

If the drive WON'T spin, try putting it in a freezer for 15-20 minutes. This action sometimes allows you a FINAL chance at retrieving the data. This is a LAST CHANCE option only.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

thanks 4 your Replies
          but, the problem is that when I connect My HDD to Power CAble I hear Something like 'TERRR' ,after
          less than 1 min it's sound stops but It does not Allow my system to do boot process.in other world My system could not detect PRI/Slave.

Comment

problably it has nothing to do with detecting master/slave.

any noice must be a mechanical problem, and what mechanic in a Harddrive?
            Marcel
            Technical Consultant
            Netherlands
            http://www.phetios.com
            http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
            "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
            "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

This has been going on a couple of days now. I hope you have your data backed up and safe.
              Personally, if I had a HDD that was making a mechanical noise I would backup the data (that I already had backed up), check the warranty on the drive and toss it out if warranty had expired.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
              X