Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone and Internet Bills

Hello all,

So in one of my previous post i noted that i am now a new IT in an office without and prior IT department. So i have a question

We are moving to a new office due to growth in our company. I was asked if the phone and internet bill will be going up

now currently we have avaya phones
    so we pay them for support and here is our breakdown

every month we pay
    avaya
    touchtone
    verizon

also we will be growing so we will need a bigger block of numbers

who would i call in regards to this? how would i find out how much this cost?

thanks for the info

Re: Phone and Internet Bills

You need to contact whichever of those companies provides your phone service and maintains your PBX, if you have one. They and they alone can tell you what it will cost.

You may find that it's more cost effective to upgrade to a new PBX rather than expand the existing one.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

And - if you are going to expand and upgrade make sure the company that will do the work is completely clear on what needs to be done. We recently had our entire telephone system system upgraded but the rep did not communicate our requirements to the people who carried out the work in the office. It took three visits and a refusal to pay them until the system was installed and working as agreed with the rep.
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

And if you're in the UK, don't use a certain Midlands-based company to do your phones for you.

Seriously, they are truly awful.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
        X