bladecenter MM firmware update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bladecenter MM firmware update

If I apply a firmware update to the management console of a IBM BladeCenter E chasis, will it reboot the blades or just the MM?
    I'm worried that if I apply the firmware update (currently using a 2007 release) that it will cause an outage on the blades -- fairly well a 24/7 operation so if so then it needs to be planned instead of "whilly-nilly".

Re: bladecenter MM firmware update

Have you tried contacting IBM support to find out?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I've asked to the forum on IBM's support site but haven't heard back yet. It's an old chasis that isn't supported anymore (8677-3RU) so I'm not about to open an entire ticket/case with IBM support just to find out that it's old hardware .

Comment

Just assume it will, plan for it, then be happy and surprised if it does not
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Agreed. Even a 24/7 operation has scheduled downtime windows.
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
          X