Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA Arcserve HA Fail to create scenario

Hi,

I am using Arcserve HA r15. I have encounted an error while trying to create a scenario.

ERROR: Service '' on host c892dc89 has Disabled Startup Type

I have no idea what this error message is directing me to. Wondering if anyone could advice me on how to go about solving it. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Kevin

Re: CA Arcserve HA Fail to create scenario

Do Arcserve have a support site?
    (and do you have a support contract with them?)

In such cases, the vendor is normally the best point of call
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I would suspect tthat a required CA service on the identified host has a startup state of "disabled" when it should be either automatic or manual.

A service in "Disabled" startup state cannot start up, even when instructed to.
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have already started all the services that is related to the software CA. Still getting the same error.

Btw the way, i have contacted the vendor, he advice me to do a telnet. Basically this software is to do a backup from the master to the replica machine. But apparently i am to ping my replica machine but unable to do a telnet to it...

Any idea how to solve it??

Comment

Open the telnet ports on the firewall
          (May have to be on source and remote machine)

EDIT -- can you clarify -- is TELNET the issue or a suggested test to help troubleshoot?
          Last edited by Ossian; 23rd June 2010, 09:15.
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

yea, suspecting firewalls
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

alright... the issue the not with the TELNET, basically the software requires the master and replica machine to communicate on port 25000. At such, the vendor sugested to me to do a TELNET on the replica machine, which i am unable to TELNET.

How can i ensure that port 25000 is open for me to use?? Firewall blocking the port??

Thanks for all the advice

Comment

We don't actually know which OS your servers are using, but if you for "Server 20xx open firewall port" you will find an answer
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

hey guys,

Thanks for all the advise... manage to get it work already...

Comment

Could you maybe *tell* us what you did so that anybody else with this problem can see what worked for you?
                    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
                    X