Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMTP Server software

Hello Friends,

I need a help to find out the best freeware application for SMTP Server solutions.

I Have a UAT Server and for test i wanna send an email using some SMTP Server Software. However, I want the filtering option, which can allow me to filter the recipients. I mean to say for example:

I have a database of some emails id's, what i want that the software should have the feature to add few domains in it. So when i send a mail to all those email id's it will not send a mails to id's with the domain mentioned on the added restricted list.

Anyone Please help to get the name of any application which allows me to do this task.

I have googled all over and found nothing appropriate for my requirement.

Awaiting Reply,

Regards,

Vicky.

Re: SMTP Server software

What OS are you using?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Mercury/32 is very powerful and is feature-rich. Filtering options galore, the ability to create complex rules both inbound and outbound. Read all about it:

http://community.pmail.com/pmail/MercuryOverview.aspx

We've been using it for several years. What I really like about it is that it installs in a simple folder heirarchy. No registry values. If you need to move it from one server to another you simply copy it across. Configuration is very simple (well, so long as you understand a little about SMTP).

And it's free for non-commercial use.
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

HMail Server worked well for me. It was a while ago that I used it but I was very happy.

http://www.hmailserver.com/

Comment

http://squirrelmail.org/download.php
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Is SquirrelMail not just a webmail package?
            Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I was under the impression it could handle SMTP functionality as well as the Web Mail side. Will have to go and read the specs once the eyelids stop slamming shut ever few seconds.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
              X