No announcement yet.

Help with un-install string

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with un-install string

I have an application loaded on multiple PC's in my orginization that I would like to automate the uninstall processes so I don't have to touch physically touch each PC.
    I have the UnInstall string found in the registry. If I run it from command line, it launches the uninstaller and promts for user to click OK to remove application.
    I would like to see if there is a way to modify the string or add switches to do a quiet/silent uninstall without any user input.

Here is a copy of the string:

rundll32.exe dfshim.dll,ShArpMaintain ApplicationEnablerAEDeploy1.application, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c985434882f2074b, processorArchitecture=x86

Re: Help with un-install string

what's the application name buddy, I'll see what I can find online.

As a suggestion in the mean time, there may be an actual uninstaller file, that may provide you with the switches.
    MSI files often have a relevant switch.

Alternately - put the appropriate option in as part of a startup script, so they have to click ok to continue their logon (notification to users that this is expected behaviour, and please click ok will reduce SOME of the support calls)
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Re: Help with un-install string

It seems (after I had read the two links below) that there is not an option provided for this application to perform a silent uninstall.

Here you can find a workaround;

You should test the script thougoughly!
      (Note, programmatically sending Keystrokes is not really recommended in a production environment. It can cause unpredictable behavior when another app happen to receive the focus while your code is processing the Sendkeys statement.)

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
      and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts