Android App Suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android App Suggestions

Finally got a new phone after 6 years - the HTC Incredible running Android 2.1.

Any suggestions for apps?
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Android App Suggestions

10 essential android apps from The Register.

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on Android Wired, particularly if you use it for work. We're getting a few queries about Android phones from our customers, seeing as Windows Mobile 7 isn't out until the end of the year.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Probably better in misc....
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by cruachan View Post

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on Android Wired, particularly if you use it for work. We're getting a few queries about Android phones from our customers, seeing as Windows Mobile 7 isn't out until the end of the year.
        Wow. DataViz Documents to Go is still around?! I remember using it in a past lifetime on a Palm M105. Ahh... Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by cruachan View Post

So far so good. Seems that if there's too many apps running in the background each time you click / push the screen it goes blank until you let go. Easy to fix. I think the asshole @ Verizon installed the Advanced Task Killer w/o asking me (like he activated my phone on the wrong contract and deleted an email w/o asking as well).

I like that it informs you what the app requires access to BEFORE you install it, but why the hell does my battery app need access to my contacts? /uninstall

I'll post some of the apps I use soon. No info on work stuff, as I'm on a contract job ATM, so there's no need for it, albeit it sure as hell is faster to check OWA via the browser than it is @ work, oy.

I'm also looking for a good vBulletin browser tool. Found one, but you've got to install custom stuff on the forum AND pay for the software for the phone. Uh, hell no.

Comment

Working...
          X