Possible Malware / Spyware

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Malware / Spyware

Anyone ever hear of a process by the name of "Iqofoa.exe"?

I recently encounterd a customer with this problem....
    His CPU fan goes crazy and when I look at Task Manager, there is a process called "Iqofoa.exe" that eats up 80% of CPU at times. When I kill the process, the fan quiets down. No other applications seem to be affected.
    Any ideas?

Re: Possible Malware / Spyware

I would think its something suspect seeing as the only 2 hits i get from Google are your post here and at bleepingcomputer.

Can you see the exe file in the file system and does it give any hint as to what it is???

I'd also be disabling it from starting up with the computer using either the registry or msconfig.

Have you scanned for viruses and malware???

Comment

What OS is he running, and what AV does he have
      Malwarebytes is a good app to run

Any external devices (printers / scanners etc) that may have names that can turn into "IQ" -- I've been fooled with HP and similar processes with very dodgy sounding names
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Looks like random name generated by malware. NUKE IT.
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Malwarebytes protection is limited. You need to run a product that has detection signatures for viruses as well as spyware.
          A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
          X