Vanishing Printer Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanishing Printer Drivers

I have a couple of friends who suffer from strange error warnings claiming there is no Printer driver installed some time after successfully installing the driver such as the day before.

Has anyone any idea why the system manages to lose the driver information presumably after switching off the PC?

Re: Vanishing Printer Drivers

A tiny clue about the operating system (and perhaps the make and model of printer) please?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks. One of the problems is with a Kodak Printer using Windows XP Home.

Comment

Come on Gordon. You have been a Member long enough to know what sort of information is required from your end. Drip feed one liners just don't cut the mustard.

Please post again to this thread with information that will dazzle us. Thanks.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Humblest apolgies guys but neither are my printers, and one is of an elderly lady. I have emailed her for more details.

I wondered if there was a standard reason why driver data can be deleted by some fault, because she says she keeps having to reinstall the CD and is not getting much help from Kodak.

Comment

It wouldnt be a case of plugging a USB printer into a different port each time she uses it, would it?

Personally, I think it is likely to be a PICNIC error of some kind.
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

The elderly lady informs me she does make sure she plugs the printer into the same USB port each time. She says she us using Windows Vista Basic, and the error: it shows is runtime 8193..... using a Kodak 5100 all in one printer.

Thanks

Comment

Why does she unplug the device?
                Were the drivers installed and THEN the device connected (after the drivers were installed)
                Is this a laptop or a desktop computer?
                Did Vista come preinstalled or did a "friend" install it for her?
                Are the USB ports set to save power by allowing the computer to turn them off if not being used?
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                X