Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change firefox icon at taskbar and at the bottom of the window

Hi,

I've managed to change firefox title at the top of the window by following this article.

You can change this by editing the branding files.

1. Make sure Firefox is not running.
    2. Find the file \Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\chrome\en-US.jar
    3. This is just a zip file, first make a backup of it -- copy that file to en-US.bak
    4. Rename the en-US.jar file to en-US.zip and open it up as a zip archive.
    5. Locate locale\branding within the archive -- there are two files here: brand.dtd and brand.properties
    6. Change the brandFullName value from "Mozilla Firefox" to whatever you'd like. You may want to use the DOS "edit" program to edit these, as the line termination is UNIX format, which windows notepad won't like.
    7. Save the archive back out as en-US.jar.
    8. Start Firefox back up, and your changes will show up.
    http://answers dot yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070625203141AADYShG

However, I still don't have idea how to change the icon of firefox into something else. Let say I want to change it into internet explorer. Any idea to do it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by biggles77; 2nd April 2010, 05:23. Reason: URL deactivated due to minimum post requirements not being met.

Re: How to change firefox icon at taskbar and at the bottom of the window

How about right click on the shortcut, Properties --> Shortcut --> Change Icon --> Browse and find an icon that suits. But really, why do you want to do something, err, weird like that?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
    X