Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get Lotus Domino server Trial version

folks

I want to test Lotus domino server, I want to practice domino server, directory and mail in testing , i have tried in ibm website, i can get there only client access, not the Server,

Pleae let me know I want to test it.

Tanks

Re: How to get Lotus Domino server Trial version

Did you search on Google? I tried this search and came back with this result. Is that what you were looking for?
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

no,

this is client access,i am looking for lotus Domino server,

Thanks

Comment

Help me understand this. The web page says "Download Lotus Domino® [...]" later it says "Lotus Domino server software provides enterprise-class messaging and collaborative capabilities [...]" and then later it shows detailed system requirements for Lotus Domino Server. When I go to download it and log in with my IBM ID, I can download Domino 8.5.

By all appearances, this is the Domino server software (bundled with the Lotus client). What am I missing that shows that this download is not the server software that you are looking for?
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide

Comment

well,

I downloaded same from IBM website and installed in server 2003 sp2, which i am testing in vmware,

In fact I read this article: http://www.scribd.com/doc/8919659/De...erver-Cookbook

but when I installed it was totally different, it didnt had the steps which i red from the above article.

After the installation, i went and looked at >> all programs >> lotus applications>> here I can see only, -
          -Lotus notes 8.5
          -lotus symphony presentations
          -lotus symphony spreadsheet.
          -lotus synphony documents
          -notes minder.

I am wondering after installation, where do i configure directory, messaging, + +.

My question is I want to create a Domino enterprise directory and messaging , then I can install lotus notes in the client machines and access mails, calenders.

Even I want to create test environment in Server 2008DC, Exchange 2007 >> co-existence with Domino mail server with lotus notes.

If my question and understanding is wrong / or in the environment,

Please guide me how do I achieve this in my test environment.
          ( I recently migrated DC 2003 to 2008DC, and exchange 2003 to exchange 2007 in production and it was sweet n success).

I want to learn more about Lotus domino Server, I want to see myself in bigger and wider environments.

Please help me out in this regards

Thank you very much for your help and support , n i look forward to hearing from you

Cheers
          Last edited by sbsajjan; 9th March 2010, 04:35.

Comment

I'd go back and check to see if you downloaded the correct installer. When you click the "Free Download: Lotus Domino" graphic on the page I linked to, you'll eventually be brought to a page where you can select from several packages that can be chosen from by a radio button:

When I downloaded and ran that, the installer specifically said "Lotus Domino Server" and the dialog boxes looked exactly like the Scribd article you linked to.
            Wesley David
            LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

Hello N

Thanks for your quick reply u really saved my time, i downloaded first one in the download, is is lotus notes, the 8.5 is sitting below the lotus notes. in a rush i downloaded wrong edition, I am downloading now,

thanks for your advise.

I will post my issues if i had after the installation and co-existence with MS-exchange

thanks

Comment

Thread's got nothing to do with SBS, so it's been moved to the Misc sub-forum.
                ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

And this Forum is not exactly the ideal place to get Lotus Notes answers. I would suggest Googling for an appropriate Forum to assist with your answers.

Alternatively, contact your local Lotus dealer, tell them where you work and let them know you are doing a feasibility study about installing Notes on all your campus PCs. When they know the numbers you are talking about I think they will fall over themselves trying to help you.

Tutorial Links
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
                    Thread's got nothing to do with SBS, so it's been moved to the Misc sub-forum.
                    I always forget to look at the breadcrumb trail at the top of the page. I prefer only looking at what comes back from the "New Posts" link. I'll learn me some observational skills some day.
                    Wesley David
                    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0

Comment

Working...
                    X