Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 & Belkin Router

Hello,

i have got two windows 7 computers ( one which is Pro and the other is Home Premium), along with the two computers i have got a belkin wireless router (F5D7230ak4) which connects the computers wirelessly

The problem is that when i go to transfer data over the network to either computer the router just stops, it still gives out a wireless signal but no internet connection and access to the other computers.

i have tried wiping the router and starting again, that came with no avail . i have updated the routers firmware and still no avail.

has anyone got any ideas ?

Ajw901

Re: Windows 7 & Belkin Router

One idea only I'm afraid, throw the Belkin out of a high window and get a decent router.

I don't like making sweeping generalisations generally, but I have never had a good experience with Belkin kit, and I don't know a single IT Professional who has. I had that model of Belkin for a while and it did exactly the same thing as you describe. I generally go for Netgear kit, as it has a decent balance of price, reliability and functionality.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Really sounds like faulty router equipment.

Not to jump on the belkin hate bandwagon, but the first thing I would recommend to anyone coming to me with that question and saying they are using a belkin would be to replace it with better quality equipment.

Comment

thank you, for such quick responses!

i have decided that the router will be going in the bin, dont know what ill replace it with yet, but it is going

Ajw901

Comment

Have a serious look at Netgear. They have a very nice easy to understand and use GUI.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X