Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I logging on locally to a DC?

Hi,

SBS 2002, the only server in the network..

I'm trying to troubleshoot a installation of Backup Exec, where the Administrator can't connect to a SQL Experess DB.

As I'm working my way through the process, I see that in Documents and Settings there are folder for both Administrator, and Administrator.machinename.

It looks like I'm logged in as Administrator.machinename.. I didn't think it was possible to logon as a local admin to a DC.. And I'm wondering if this might be tied to the SQL connection issue.

Could I be logged in as a local admin?

Thanks
    David

Re: Am I logging on locally to a DC?

Is it SBS 2003, SBS 2000 or Windows Server 2003 or Windows 2000 Server. You posted SBS 2002 which I assume was a typo but then you posted in the Windows Forum and not the SBS Forum.

Please clarify. Thanks.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Sorry, type. SBS 2003... Should I repost in SBS forum? I didn't scan far enough down the list

Thanks
      David

Comment

I didn't think it was possible either if the system was a DC.

I'm going to move this to the Misc forum as its really related to Backup Exec on a SBS 2003 box so not really anything to do with SBS.

Comment

The "administrator.machinename" could be the profile set up when the server was logged on to during installation -- before it was promoted to a DC

But unless you are booted in safe mode, you cannot log onto a DC with a local account
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X