No announcement yet.

Sharepoint Purchase Orders

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharepoint Purchase Orders

Hi All,

At the moment our finance section uses a pad which have preprinted order numbers on them. They would like to switch to something similar that's electronic so that they don't have to deal with handwritten sheets all of the time.

I was wondering if anyone out there has tried this using Sharepoint 3. I need to set up a purchase order system (nothing fancy something akin to the paper pad I described) and we have sharepoint enabled on our Server 2003 box. We also have Infopath (from office 2003).

I was wondering if it was possible to create a purchase order system where a user can go to the list in Sharepoint, open up an infopath document - auto-increment a reference ID. I have most of this working at the moment however I am stuck trying to figure out how to restrict the view so that people who raise purchase orders can only see their own while Finance can see all of the orders.

I've been all over the web trying to find a mechanism for this but to no avail.

Can anyone help?

Re: Sharepoint Purchase Orders

No one?

This doesn't appear to be an aspect that's documented all that well so I do wonder if I am missing something obvious.