No announcement yet.

Free eBooks - Submit Here For Approval.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free eBooks - Submit Here For Approval.

If you find any links for FREE eBooks please post them here. The Site Management shall consider them for approval to make sure they are appropriate for the Approved Sticky.

Thread has been made a Sticky so it won't get lost.
    Originally posted by Ossian
    Just a note that this is for legal downloads from the publisher / vendor only. Anyone posting links to Rapidshare or similar WILL end up at the wrong end of the ban stick
    Just to make it plain, violate the above quote and it is an immediate Lifetime ban. Thanks Tom, missed that bit. :singlemalt: x 2
    Last edited by biggles77; 18th February 2010, 16:41.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Re: Free eBooks - Submit Here For Approval.

EDIT: The link referenced in this post may be harmful. Link deactivated until further notice. Read above posts for more information as it is gathered.

Here's one that's not directly realted to IT, but I think it might be of use. It's a 40 page PDF eBook called "The Complete Guide to Twitter": h ttp://www.makeuseof.com/tag/the-complete-guide-to-twitter-pdf/

It seems like Twitter is becoming more and more popular and may actually have some redeeming value as an IT tool. Both for alerts (I think Orion network monitor can send alerts to twitter) but also for offering a public facing facet into IT's doings. I know of one person that created a private Twitter feed for their IT department and used it to give short bursts of information on various activities that people were up to. I like that.

Take from it what you will.
    Last edited by Nonapeptide; 3rd March 2010, 17:41.
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Something on that Twitter ebook page tried telling me I needed a new AV program -- took task manager to kill IE to get rid of it -- be warned!
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Security explorer for File Servers

<LINK REMOVED>

Just a form to fill out.
        Last edited by Wired; 29th May 2010, 05:38.

Comment

Originally posted by akitafan View Post
          Security explorer for File Servers

<LINK REMOVED>

Just a form to fill out.
          This book shall NOT be approved as it turns out to be a .MSI when unzipped. Inside the MSI are multiple EXEs and DLLs. Not something I want on my machine without know what it is or does. Maybe one day when I am bored I will dump it onto a VM and see what it does to that.

However thank you for sharing your find. It's the thought that counts.
          Last edited by Wired; 29th May 2010, 05:39.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

They emailed me a link to the book in PDF format. The MSI is their program they are pimping.

Comment

MSDN UK Flash eBook: Best Tech Articles #1: http://www.microsoft-press.co.uk/ebo...x.asp?pubid=25
              The follow ups were supposed to come out in july 2009 and then every 6 mths, but not sure what happened.
              Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

A nice free 28 page Cheatsheet (Aka Quick reference guides) for Windows Server 2008: http://www.preplogic.com/products/do...e=pl_home_link

PS
                The company doesn't seem to have the best reputation out there so beware of what e-mail you would use.
                PDF sent through e-mail address if you don't mind it.
                Contents of the cheatsheet though seem pretty decent.

[Mod Edit - Added]
                Last edited by biggles77; 28th May 2010, 01:56.
                Caesar's cipher - 3

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

11 Free Microsoft eBooks listed here.

I'm too lazy to post them individually.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/microsoft_pr...oft-press.aspx
                  Wesley David
                  LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
                  -------------------------------
                  Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
                  Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
                  Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
                  Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
                    11 Free Microsoft eBooks listed here.

I'm too lazy to post them individually.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/microsoft_pr...oft-press.aspx
                    All of them have been posted here. http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=44120
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Office 2010 User Resources

Overview
                      Documents related Office 2010, including an overview, product guide, getting started, and new features.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...e-af33008d68fa
                      Last edited by biggles77; 21st July 2010, 00:36. Reason: Resource added. Thanks. :)
                      Caesar's cipher - 3

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
                      X