Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Symantec Virus Issue

Hello Dear,

I have installed Symantec 10.1.17 Corporate edition on our server and their Client has installed on the other machines. Last few days i am very confused to how to resolve this issue even applied all methods and even through all tools but still facing same issue.

The snapshot is attached and kindly check it and give me any proper solution to stop these.

Regards,

Saeed
    Attached Files

Re: Help - Symantec Virus Issue

Originally posted by engineersaeed View Post
    Hello Dear,

I have installed Symantec 10.1.17 Corporate edition on our server and their Client has installed on the other machines. Last few days i am very confused to how to resolve this issue even applied all methods and even through all tools but still facing same issue.

The snapshot is attached and kindly check it and give me any proper solution to stop these.

Regards,

Saeed
    are you looking to stop the prompts to the user?

Comment

Uninstall SAV

Comment

And install some antivirus software

Seriously, please explain what is the problem -- the pop ups or how to deal with the malware they have found?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Looks like malware, which Symantec stinks at removing, run something like malware bytes www.malwarebytes.org . on the client computer. This should remove the infected files and stop Symantec from poping up every 10 minutes.

Also is Symantec Corp. 10 even still supported?
          Last edited by kgantt; 18th February 2010, 21:35.

Comment

Thread moved to Misc forum as it is nothing to do with any server OS rather its a Symantec issue.

Comment

You should also consider upgrading to the latest version, 10.2.3.
              10.1.7 is fairly old and has some "issues" that have been fixed, oops, I mean addressed with the later version.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
              X