Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Office 2003 users get this prompt with Sharepoint 2007?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Office 2003 users get this prompt with Sharepoint 2007?

Hi all

When I click on a document link in Sharepoint 2007 I get the prompt (shown in the attachment). This appears to be because I have Office 2007.

Is there any way to enable this prompt for Office 2003 users? They are opening a read only version of the document because they forget to check it out first. They get the second dialogue box/prompt.

Thanks

Chris

EDIT: Added second screen shot for clarity.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tonyyeb; 2nd February 2010, 11:11.
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Can Office 2003 users get this prompt with Sharepoint 2007?

Are you sure this isn't a Macro security setting in Office 2003 that has been set different to Office 2007?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Just tried changing the Macro security setting to LOW and made no difference.
      Server 2000 MCP
      Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I have never seen these screens in SharePoint before with either Office 2003 or 2007. Are there all using the same version of IE with the same settings? Sorry Chris but I am playing a guessing/elimination game at the moment.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

No worries bud, I'd do the same.

* Screen shot one comes on every version of IE ( 7 & 8 ) so long as you have Office 2007 (Sharepoint site is in the 'Intranet zone' in IE security settings)

* Screenshot two comes on IE 7 and Office 2003. Not sure about IE 8 and Office 2003.

It looks almost certainly to be the difference in Office versions. The first screenshot appears when you force checking out of documents before editing.
          Server 2000 MCP

Comment

Have you tried the same User logging onto the 2 different platforms to see if they get the same result?
            Was going to mention Compatiblitiy Mode for IE8 but IE7 should null and void that.
            Was there any non standard setup in Sharepoint (is it Services or Portal that you are using?) or did you use one of the default supplied templates?
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Yes tried various combinations of login / users / IE versions / Office versions etc... One thing always separates the two out... Different Office versions.

Nothing non-standard in the Sharepoint 2007 install. Default templates pretty much all round.
              Server 2000 MCP

Comment

Working...
              X