Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Naming Convention

Hi All,

My company currently uses the first initial of the first name, with the fill last name, eg: Adam White would be "awhite"

This scheme has worked so far, but we have finally gotten a user with the same first name initials and the same last name, eg: Adam White and Alex White would both be "awhite"

I'm looking for some suggestions into what to do with the next user so I can set a policy for the future.

Thanks in advanced for the input!

-aw

Re: User Naming Convention

There are a myriad of options and opinions on this matter. Here's mine:

FirstnameLastname: JohnDoe

Comment

Firstname.Secondname is another popular choice, or you can add the middle initial if there is one for the new user. Some people like SecondnameFirstinitial but I've always found that one a bit odd looking.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

For your scenario just pop the middle initial into the mix with the new user.
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
          For your scenario just pop the middle initial into the mix with the new user.
          I actually used a spin off of this scenario. He is Chinese and apparently does not have a middle initial, so I used his "americannameinitialREALFIRSTNAMEINITIALlastna me"

Thanks for all of the great advice!

Comment

His middle initial could be that of his first name. AAWhite instead of AWhite
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Or AWhite2.....

The possibilities are endless and there is no "right" solution -- just be consistent and document your choice
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
              X