Streaming Media

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streaming Media

Im trying to stream media (mainly dvds uploaded onto hardrive) from my server 2003 over the internet. My internet connection is to slow and to download it, it take 4 to 10 hrs. I already figured that one of the first steps I could do is change the format. The format i choose was .avi . So i guess my question is whats the best way to stream media over a slow connection.
    Last edited by rikmyr; 29th October 2009, 01:25.

Re: Streaming Media

Is it one or more people trying to stream it, or just you? Are the DVDs compressed at all or in their native format? Is this for commercial or personal use?
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Its usually 1 sometimes 2 people streaming at one time. the types of file is bup, ifo and dvd movie. Its for personal use. I upload them to the hard drive useing dvdfab

Comment

Bup and ifo is not AVI format. As you mention above, AVI would provide a smaller file size but you could also redice the Resolution of the file. For example, if the video is running at 640 x 480, you could reduce it to 320 x 280. This would make the file substantially smaller and that way you will hopefully have the bandwidth to stream your home made movies.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

So whats the best way to change the screen resolution?

Comment

change movie resolution
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X