X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Update Error

Guys,

I'm trying to update a new server via Windows Update and get the following error:[Error number: 0x80072F78]
    The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
    For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions

Find Solutions

Windows Update Newsgroup
    For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

I have tried the following article and made the chages to our ISA server:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=885819

The other server's I have built have worked fine - just this one giving me grief

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

I fixed / it fixed itself.

Used a spare ADSL line that does not go through a proxy and windows update ran fine. I then updated the machine and the connected it back up to our network.

Ran windows update again just to see what would happen and then it suddenly started working??

There was a patch called winhttp blah blah blah which I remember looking at a while ago which allows authorised access through a proxy or something like that.

Anyways I can't be arsed to investigate but will look into it when I have the same problem

Thanks

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

FYI

This download will solve the problem:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

Michael
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk

Comment

thanks for sharing
        Good Luck

Shai

MCSE 2003+Security;MCSE 2003+Messaging
        HP ASE;HP AIS;HP APS

So, from me to all of you out there, wherever you are, remember:
        the light at the end of the tunnel may be you. Good Day!

Comment

Re: Windows Update Error

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your support and I'm facing also problem with the update of my system Winxp Pro Sp2.

the Error Number is : Error number: 0x80004005
          and the massege: " The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem. "

So, do you have the saluation of this error?

Thanks ...
          MAH

Comment

Re: Windows Update Error

Mah, this thread is 19 months old and is considered to be a thread hijack. Please repost your question in a NEW thread since your error is totally different. No double post penality shall apply and the above post will be delete when you ne thread is created.

Thank you.

PS Please do NOT post in bold.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X