Home users unable to access internet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home users unable to access internet

I am currently experiencing problems with staff being unable to access the internet on their laptops while at home.

The staff are domain users however have been given local admin rights.

Have tried taking a laptop home and have same problem. Can ping my home router and can tracert through to google but explorer just wont display the appropriate web site.

The latops in use are new HP EliteBooks and as yet I have not tested to see if this occurs with other brands of laptops.

Any ideas?

Re: Home users unable to access internet

What errors is being shown in the browser?
    do you use a web proxy at work or is the proxy setting set in IE?
    Have you tried a different browser like FireFox of Chrome?
    Can any other network applications like Outlook work?
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Thanks for that.

No proxy server either at home or in work. In work internet is handled through a router as default gateway rather than through server.

Think the problem may relate to the HP ELitebook 8350p laptops and the BitDefender Business Clients firewall setting. Tried uninstalling using admin rights and now get internet. Need to check if this problem is related to these laptops or to other makes and models as well.

Comment

Looks like you found the culprit. I'd beet that Bit-Defender has different profiles, one for work and one for non-work subnets.
        Wesley David
        LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
        -------------------------------
        Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
        Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
        Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
        Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Working...
        X